The Internet of Things (IoT) will unlock trillions of dollars in value over the next 10 years as 50 billion devices are brought online. Aeris is at the forefront of this industry, building networks and applications to enable Fortune 500 clients like Chrysler, Honda and Bosch fundamentally improve their businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Chicago, London, Delhi, and Tokyo as well as other markets. We rank among the top ten cellular providers for the IoT globally, powering critical projects across energy, transportation, retail, healthcare and more.
Built from the ground up for IoT and road-tested at scale, Aeris IoT Services are based on the broadest technology stack in the industry, spanning connectivity up to vertical solutions. As veterans of the industry, we know that implementing an IoT solution can be complex, and we pride ourselves on making it simpler.
Our company is in an enviable spot. We’re profitable, and both our bottom line and our global reach are growing rapidly. We’re playing in an exploding market where technology evolves daily and acquisitions / consolidations happen left and right. We’ve got a stellar, strategic management team who find joy in working together and are executing effectively across the board.
A few things to know about us:
Aeris is seeking a Strategic Enterprise Sales Executive - IoT Solutions with a proven track record in complex solution sales to build a business by engaging with large service providers (Banking, Leasing, Risk Management, Consulting) and OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) in the Transport, Construction, and Health sectors and assisting them in their journey from unconnected products to connected services by leveraging Aeris’ strategic assets. In this role, your primary objective is to lead our sales initiatives in a selected vertical, presenting the Aeris value proposition and successfully bringing new six and seven figure accounts through to commercial deployment.
•Set the strategy to build the European IoT Solutions business for Aeris
•Create the Go-To-Market plan for the business by identifying effective channel/partners and drive the execution of that plan with tangible and material impacts
•Identify opportunities and business drivers within target accounts and develop specific value propositions that demonstrate Aeris’ ability to exceed requirements
• Manage a complex sales process with multiple stakeholders including strategic account planning, business case analysis, proposal development, and customer presentations
• Call on decision-makers of market leading organizations to position Aeris’ future proven technology and solutions as the partner of choice in addressing their IoT and mobility platform objectives
• Track progress and KPI’s in our CRM to ensure clear and objective measurement of cycle time and results
• Meet or exceed quarterly quota objectives consisting of new business bookings and account growth
Required Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years sales experience, including at least 5 years in B2B strategic outside sales involving complex solution sales (SAAS or PAAS)
• Extensive background in solution and consultative selling approach – experience with building and executing vertical and/or channel strategy
• Experience selling solutions in the services industries (Banking, Leasing, Risk Management, Consulting) and OEMs in vertical markets, preferably Transport, Construction & Health, and Manufacturing/Durable Goods.
• Deep understanding of selling technical solutions to high-level executives and multiple decision-makers with a history of successful quota and/or sales objective attainment
• Strong communication skills and ability to cold call, quickly understand value propositions and sell the value of a unique service.
• Deep experience with account planning, account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, and sales opportunity development.
• Large rolodex of contacts and strong networking skills
• Self-starter, comfortable working in a start-up environment
• Ability to travel for extended period of times (2+ weeks at a time)
Aeris walks the walk on diversity. We’re a brilliant mix of varying ethnicities, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages and professional/personal/military experiences – and that’s by design. Diverse perspectives are essential to our culture, innovative process and competitive edge. Aeris is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.